Feedback and Revisions

The feedback of my magazine thus far has been fairly positive, as people found that I had good photos, an aesthetically appealing layout, and colors that were vibrant and complimented each other well. My peers believed that for the most part it looked cohesive and realistic, which was my overall goal due to the extensive research and formatting I did. People appreciated that I followed the conventions of magazines and that I worked hard to make it look as much like a fashion magazine you'd see being sold as possible. Despite the compliments, there were still some aspects of my magazine they thought I could improve upon and that I myself hope to fix as well. One main error I made was that I forgot to include page numbers and my contact information in the bottom corner of my article pages, as it was only on the table of contents. I plan to add these because page numbers are something included in every magazine regardless of the subject. Also, some of my peers noted that the text size was a bit hard to read in some sections. To fix this, I could use a slightly larger font or choose to dispose of some of my article content to make it so that the article is easier to read and appears less cramped. Another piece of feedback I received was that the articles noted on the table of contents could be made a bit easier to read. Due to me using a full photograph as the background of my table of contents, it's understandable why text placed on top of the busy background may blend in slightly. To solve this problem, I plan to try to and put a slightly transparent text box behind the text or to place an outline around the yellow lettering to make it stand out more boldly. Other small revision suggestions I got included to try to have some more variety in fonts on the cover, as well as having more of a variety in models. However the criticism is helpful, I may find it harder to fix these problems as most of my fonts throughout the entirety of my 4 page spread are cohesive and changing them would change this consistency. Additionally, it will be difficult to set up another photo shoot as I have a busy schedule. I also chose to use one single model because I have found that in numerous fashion magazines the cover model/celebrity is the same one that is interviewed for the main article.

With this feedback I believe I'll be able to improve upon my magazine and make it the most intriguing and professional magazine possible for my final submission.

Comments

Popular Posts