CCR Draft #3

In this rough draft of my creative critical reflection, I will be answering the question, "How did your production skills develop throughout this project?" This will be the script I will be following when creating the voice over for my slideshow and it will aid in giving detail on how I developed better skills in planning, creating, and revising a magazine of my own.

I believe my production skills greatly increased through doing this project and I learned a lot about what goes into creating an appealing and successful magazine.

One production skill I developed and improved upon was how I took photos. Taking photos of my model, I experimented with new angles and lighting, finding what looked the best and most professional. While taking the photos, I also considered what photos other magazines choose to publish and I attempted to incorporate those styles into my own print media. For most covers photos and any other photos used in the article pages, they're well-lit and have the focus on the model, blurring out the background. Something else I noticed was the way that many fashion magazines do photo shoots in front of a plain colored background, therefore I mimicked that and learned what was most effective to make my photos naturally fit together.

Additionally, I learned a lot about what it takes to effectively plan out the layout of my magazine. I looked at various other magazines to gain inspiration and see what commonalities there were. From my research and through trial and error, I learned that for the table of contents, it looks best to use a photo as the full background with a handful of titles of articles throughout the magazine in a text box off to the side. I also found that pulling a quote out of my text in the article added some interest to the otherwise blocks of text and helped separate them. I believe that overall I developed much stronger production skills in finding what made my magazine look most authentic and professional, and I was able to incorporate these into my final product.

Lastly, I gained a stronger understanding of how to write an article. I learned how to conduct an interview and figured out what are the most thought-provoking, while still broad, questions that allowed my interviewee to answer in detail. In my case, I focused my interview on college, fashion, and confidence, giving me the ability to ask more broad questions such as, "What are your tips on being comfortable in your own body and accepting the way you look?" I also developed skills in how I formatted my questions, deciding on a question and answer format in columns that are common among magazines. All in all, I believed I gained a much stronger understanding of how to make my magazine look as realistic as possible and learned many things about how to produce a magazine that I can take with me for creative projects in the future.


Comments

Popular Posts